Sunday 20 May 2007

Plumbers!!!!!!

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to Mark who unblocked my drains (oh ah Mrs!)with help from Steve! Thursday evening was a real panic for me - outside drains were blocked, house was smelling of faecal matter, couldn't use washing machine, dishwasher, shower, bath; if we did then lots of very nasty bits and pieces were coming up to say "hello" via the drain covers and my parents were about to arrive!! Good old Mark arrived attired with his long rubber gloves (lovely shade of red) and matching boots. One hour later and lots of gurgling and whooshing, hey presto - those nasty bits and pieces returned to their own home.

However, I have since discovered that the blockage was such that on one occasiong of gurgling and whooshing, there was a bit of a splashback, the contents of which landed on Steve and Mark's face! I could never, ever, for all the tea in China be a plumber - I truly admire plumbers and I dedicate this to the plumbing world - especially Mark Russell - thank-you!

No comments: