Wednesday 26 August 2009

Totally addicted!




To crafting. Yep, I finally admit that I am hooked! I have been well and truly stung and I can't seem to get enough of it at the moment. It is now two years since I joined a scrapbooking club run by the very talented Mandy Webb. I have learnt so much from these classes and even better made some new friends who share this passion.

This Summer I have been reading and teaching myself other little techniques and even made some cards - I am quite proud of my ribbon embroidery (even if it was only nine stitches)and am still working hard on watercolour techniques. The best thing is though I get to play with paper, card, glue, watercolour pencils, pens, inks, stamps, ribbons, threads - the list is endless and then produce something at the end of it! It's fab, it's fun and totally addictive!

Scrapbooking is a great way to store your favourite photographs in a very visual, tactile way. Adding your thoughts and feelings in the written form, to me, brings the photographs to life, so every time you turn a page in your album up pops a visual and verbal recall of that particular moment in time. Fandabbydosey!! I like to think I can remember everything but my memory is certainly not as sharp as it was 10 years ago and in 20 years time when I am looking back through the albums I will have little prompts to sharpen my memory!!

Mandy always encourages us to use our leftover paper scraps by turning them into a card or even another scrapbook page and I am now trying to do this and have surprised myself by making some cards - not brilliant but hey you know what they say about practise making perfect.

The point is I love crafting, the end result is neither here nor there - it's the actual process along with the satisfaction and enjoyment that counts.

No comments: