Friday 25 February 2011

Failte gu Alba!




It has been great to back in Scotland.  It's nice to be reminded just how beautiful that country is - ahhhhh!  The Isle of Arran truly is a snapshot of Scotland - and I spent two wonderful Summers there working at the Auchrannie Hotel with Moira, Maureen and Julie - it was fab!

Next stop was Inverary - I wanted to visit the castle - I have been unsuccessful so far but I felt that I was going to get inside those castle walls!  Hmmmmm!


Ah well - we managed to get into the grounds but not inside the castle.  It is beautiful and one day........
We drove to Dunoon to get the ferry back to Gourock and then drive along the coast back to Stevenston - it was stunning!  Steve was very impressed!



On Friday we took mum and dad back to Elder Park, Govan, Glasgow.  I was born in Govan and lived in a tenement for the first 8 years of my life.  Elder Park was at the end of my road (Fairfield Street) and it was our garden.  As a child the park seemed huge and we spent many happy hours there!  Lillian, my older sister came too which was great because she could remember loads and certainly jogged my memory.  Thanks Lillian!





I am so glad I got to Elder Park - I have just completed a scrapbook layout (thanks to Mandy, our wonderful teacher) which has very old photos of Elder Park (circa 1953).  My mum, grandad, auntie and sister Lillian are in these old photographs - I love them!



This is Auntie Roseanne (mum's younger sister), my grandad McDonald, my mum and in front my sister Lillian. I wasn't born at the time!

A great time had by all!

No comments: